A Health Savings Account (HSA) gives you an advantage in saving for future health care expenses. Authorized by federal legislation, HSAs have been called the "medical IRA" because they offer tax advantages on contributions, interest and qualified withdrawals.*
If you have a qualified high deductible medical plan such as the One Deductible Plan, you can use an HSA to get:
- Greater control over your health care dollars. You withdraw your funds when you need them. Withdrawals are tax free and penalty free when made for qualified expenses.
- Funds for a broader range of health care services.
- Pay for covered medical expenses that apply toward your deductible.
- Pay for qualified medical expenses that your health plan doesn't cover, such as:
- Contact lenses
- Dental and orthodontic services
- Certain types of alternative medicine
- Long-term care insurance
- Non-prescription drugs
The HSA/One Deductible Plan is a high deductible health insurance plan, specially designed according to guidelines established by HSA legislation.
With an HSA/One Deductible Plan, you get:
Anyone can apply for this health insurance plan, even without the savings account. Contact us to apply or for more information.
- One single, integrated deductible - all covered expenses for all covered persons apply to this one deductible.
- Significant premium savings resulting from the high deductible.
- The opportunity to receive premium discounts at renewal through the Healthy Discount feature.*
- The dependable coverage of health plans for individuals and families.
- Lifetime benefit
- Worldwide coverage, 24 hours a day
- A first-year rate guarantee
- Prescription drug coverage
- $500 wellness benefit (subject to deductible and coinsurance)**
*Health Discount is not available in CO, DC, FL, KS, LA, MN, ND, NH, NM, NV, OR, SD, VA and WV.
**The $500 wellness maximum does not apply to routine Pap smears, mammograms and PSA tests.